Monday, November 10, 2008

Obama's Reason for Fighting Overseas Wars

This was taken directly from Obama's website, no not change.gov that has been virtually wiped clean of any hint of the once specific agenda of the Obama administration. This was taken from his campaign site BarackObama.com under the Issue of Defense. Why oh why doesn't this surprise me? I imagine it too will be taken down soon, once thinking people get sight of it. I have read and re-read this because I thought surely they wouldn't put something like this on their website. Maybe I misread it or misunderstood what they were trying to say. Please tell me I'm wrong! Taken directly from his site, see if you can catch it:

  • "Preserve Global Reach in the Air: We must preserve our unparalleled airpower capabilities to deter and defeat any conventional competitors, swiftly respond to crises across the globe, and support our ground forces. We need greater investment in advanced technology ranging from the revolutionary, like Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and electronic warfare capabilities, to essential systems like the C-17 cargo and KC-X air refueling aircraft, which provide the backbone of our ability to extend global power. "

Well folks if you didn't see it, read the last line of the paragraph again and then go to his website to verify it. We are fighting wars globally in order to "extend global power." The only thing I can't figure out yet is: Are we more like Ancient Rome or Nazi Germany?

1 comment:

  1. I am going to say, Nazi Germany, just because of the heart-felt election of the "glorious" leader. Manifest Destiny, here we come again. ICK.

    ReplyDelete